Liner on our in ground pool keeps coming out

Jun 16, 2016
Washington, PA
My husband and I bought a new house in October with an in ground pool. The previous owner told us that the pool hasn't been opened in 2 years, but the liner is only 3 years old. When we took the cover off in May, the liner was out of the track in several places. I would say half of the liner was in place and the other half was out. The pool was very dirty and full of leaves, so we drained the pool and cleaned it. My husband put the liner back in the tracks and used liner lock to hold it in place. All seemed to be going good. When we started to fill the pool, almost ALL of the liner popped out of the track. The pool is about half full right now, and most of the liner is out of the track. My husband tried pulling the liner up with the boiling water method, but he can't stretch it enough to get it back in the track. What should we do from here? Drain the pool and start over? Fill it almost the whole way and try to fix the liner then? Something else? And how on earth do we keep the darn liner from coming out again?! Very frustrating! Any advice is appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.