JoeSelf

Gold Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just called the store that installed my pool to find out exactly what "Micromatic Media" is. I wanted to put in some DE to shine up the water even more. I read not to use DE in ZeoSand. Was leary of putting it in.

They Said: I have a "Micromatic Filter" and it is just regular pool sand and DE is OK to use. By the way I see you haven't bought your water in to be tested yet this year. Be sure to bring in a sample for us to test.

I did change out the sand once (before TFP) and it did not look like sand to me. Do you think I need to open it up and take a look at what is in there?

I just called the store that installed my pool to find out exactly what "Micromatic Media" is. I wanted to put in some DE to shine up the water even more. I read not to use DE in ZeoSand. Was leary of putting it in.

They Said: I have a "Micromatic Filter" and it is just regular pool sand and DE is OK to use. By the way I see you haven't bought your water in to be tested yet this year. Be sure to bring in a sample for us to test.

I did change out the sand once (before TFP) and it did not look like sand to me. Do you think I need to open it up and take a look at what is in there?
Is this the same store that sold it to you? I find it funny that when sold it was a special product commanding $30 a bag (on-line price today) but when you question it , it's "just regular pool sand".

"MICROMATIC MEDIA" is trademarked by "MYBLUEPOOL.COM, INC." and the description of the product in their trademark applicatio is:
Filtration material, consisting of natural zeolite mineral ore that is mined, crushed and screened from a naturally occurring deposit of the zeolite mineral clinoptilolite, for use in swimming pool water treatment applications

Their website says "myBluePool.com® is your one-stop shopping site for all your pool supplies and accessories" but unless you are a dealer you can not access the site or see their products.

OK, now on to your question. It never hurts to open your filter and tale a look. If need be you can do a deep clean while you have it open.

Thanks, Tim. Yeah, that's their BRAND. Its Budds Pools. I looked online before for it and couldn't find it. I googled just now and still can't find the link to it and MYbluepool.com. I just tired to log on and I can't remember my password. And I don't have the same email address as when I signed up.

I did open it up and it was very clean. I took apart the multi-port and lubed to spider gasket. I do this when closing and opening. It's connected to a big plastic part that is hard to change, so I'm very careful with it.

So I guess that I can't use the DE. I'll try the deep clean thought I don't think I'll get much. I am running at 11PSI for the past two weeks and not getting a rise. Darn, clean water. I got a new backwash hose this year and I had 1 PSI rise in a month including a SLAM (clear water, little debris on bottom) at opening. Backwashed on June 4th to test it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.