Vinyl Pool Steel Wall Repair And Step Replacement

Hello.
I finished back-filling the steps with 3/4 gravel and it is totally solid now.
Hopefully the hardest part of the this project is over now... :)

Next, I need to install new plumbing. I've included a diagram of what I think will be a good layout.
There are 4 surface returns, one in each corner, plumbed in pairs, one deep return plumbed seperately, two skimmers plumbed seperately, and one deep suction plumbed seperately. That is 6 runs to the equipment pad. Is this overkill?

In reading other threads about plumbing, the consensus seems to be to use rigid PVC piping.
I was planning on using 2 inch PVC... Should I run 2 inch all the way to the fittings, or should I split the returns that are plumbed in pairs from 2 inch into two 1.5 inch returns ? Are returns and suctions only available in 1.5 inch or are there also 2 inch returns and suctions? And, are suction fittings and return fittings different, or are they interchangeable?

Also, should I do anything special for back-filling where the plumbing is run such as use sand or gravel or something?

Thanks again for all the great advice!

[attachment=0:1brc3v5m]pool plumbing diagram.jpg[/attachment:1brc3v5m]

Attachments

• pool plumbing diagram.jpg
    pool plumbing diagram.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 155
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.