Urgent Patio Deck Bonding Question

Just want to double check - it's fine to connect it to the existing wire with one of those clamps in just one place, yeah? Doesn't need to be in multiple places?

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The code is silent on this issue, but I would think a connection at four equidistant points around the pool would be better than one connection. This is following the requirement that the pool,she'll be bonded to the ring at four points around the pool.

Hmm, well then the fact that it can be on top of the sand doesn't really help at all, as the existing bonding wire is buried under gravel and sand, so to connect at four points would involve a significant amount of extra work. Hmm.

As for the ladder, I guess it will be obvious to my brick guy how to connect that to the bond wire? Any specific things we need to do or be aware of in terms of that?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The idea thet the wire is to be buried 6-8" down is usually for unpaved areas around the pool so the earth in that area can make good contact with the wire and be "in the potential" and also be protected. When doing concrete and pavers, it is better for the bonding wire to be in contact with the material you are trying to bond. Concrete being one large mass can hold quite a potential/gradient so it is best that the bond be part of the reinforcing wire in the mass. As for pavers, since each one is a separate electrical potential it is better to have the wire at the surface to be in contact with as many as possible near the pool edge. Any ladders, diving boards, etc that have metal components need to be tied to the bond around the pool to equalize any gradients.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.