Jun 7, 2016
Gloversville, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

I ordered the Tf100 test kit today. I raked the bottom of the pool for about 2 hours, I realize that I will have to keep doing it. The pool has been closed for 3 years and is a green swamp. I cleaned out the old sand from the filter, totally dissasembled the filter, cleaned the laterals, broke 2 in the process so I bought new ones. Refilled the filter with new sand... it took 1000lbs. The head space is correct.

My question is: Will filtering my swamp water ruin the filter media? The "pool guy" said that he wanted to totally drain my pool and refill it. He said that clearing this water will ruin the sand and that I would have to do all that work again... thanks in advance.

Don

If the pump is good you can recirculate until the water is clean enough to filter.

You won't "ruin" the sand by doing anything. Filtering really swampy water will be nearly useless as the PSI will increase very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.