Pool still cloudy after a few weeks

Do not add the acid! The PH test is unreliable and will test higher than the actual PH after FC gets above 10. This is why we want PH adjusted prior to starting the SLAM and to only use bleach/liquid chlorine to raise FC as it doesn't impact PH.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, I can see the water becoming clearer! You are doing it, keep it up.

Thanks Splash and KC... The dark spots on the stairs are stains.. The pool is over 17 years old,, Could use a resurface but I was quoted $7 - $10K...

The boys are getting older so I dont think I want to put money into it..

I will sell the house after the last one finishes HS (4 years)..

Too many acres and too much upkeep..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Plaster.. Pebble tech.,, Same as I had on there..

I was thinking of just painting it before I sell it..
Make it look good... But I do not want to screw the
people behind me,, and I have not read alot of good
things about painting...

The tiling and coping was redone a couple years ago...

As a couple tiles pop off or the slate coping gets loose, I
usually fix them myself..

I noticed the caulking cracking between the coping and
pad.. So I may jump on that before the year is out..

Hello everyone.. Here are the results from today.

FC - 20 (added a bit of bleach to ensure I didnt lose any during the day)

CC - 0

TC - 20

A good thing now is that I am not losing any chlorine at night. Yesterday was cloudy so I didnt lose any (much) during the day.

I dont think I need to be as proactive in adding bleach to cover potential loss. Just be more reactive now.

Here are some pics. We have a bonus pic today. The deep end.. For the first time this year, I can finally see the drain(s).

Thanks again all....Pool (1) 15 June.jpgPool (2) 15 June.jpgPool (3) 15 June.jpg

Almost finished! Wait until the water is 100% crystal clear aka sparkly-pool-itis and can tell whether the screws on the main drain are phillips or flat head before you do your OCLT.

Hello All.. Thx for the help and feedback along the way.

I think my pool is ready to go...

Been busy at work the last couple days to post my usual daily updates.

But I have been testing.

Here is what I got yesterday, then today..

FC - 20. Has not moved in a couple days.

CC - 0

TC - 20

------------------

This AM..

FC - 20 (Still has not moved)

CC - 0

TC - 20

Something a bit weird in doing this test. I had bought refills of the TC test (R-0870 and R-0871). Last night I was out of the fluid, so I opened the package (which included the pixie dust (R-0870..). I used the new pixie dust and my FC came back very low (5-6). CC - 0. I thought that was weird as my FC has been high while slamming. So I used the old pixie dust and my FC tested to about 20. I did this test about 5-6 times using both the old pixie dust and the new pixie dust and the results were the same. One scoop of old pixie dust gave me a much higher reading of FC than the new pixie dust. I then test my CH by using the K-1000 and my Cl came back off the charts (above 5 on the scale).

pH - 7.2 - 7.4

CH - 350

TA was very high. Too high to count. The color stayed yellow. Per the instructions of the TF Test kit, this was normal.

-----------------------

This AM (18 June)

The results above came out just about the same. Per OCLT, SLAM'ing is complete.

Pool (1) 17 June.jpgPool (2) 17 June.jpgPool (3) 17 June.jpg

Hopefully I am just about there. Cookout today so the pool.. So is the pool open for business??

Thx all...

Hello everyone, I dropped of the radar before saying thanks for your help in getting my pool bright and blue. Just my luck that soon after my last post, my property got hit by a tornado. We had 91 trees fall down on my property. The pool itself had three huge (18"+ diameter) trees get lifted and thrown in the pool. Had to get a crane to get them out. 300' of fencing ripped out of the ground. My 60-70% of the flagstone coping was ripped off the pool. Tiles also were damaged. My water fall pump was was hit by a tree. Some chipping to the pool floor itself, but not much. I have two estimates, $25K for a complete redo with all new tiles, coping and plaster. about $12K for the coping, acid wash, new pool water, etc. The insurance will only cover (most) the $12K.

Subsequently, the pool turn green once again. Estimate for my pool My pool is all cleaned, clear and blue now after following the same procedures as before. I put in a new waterfall pump. My coping and tiles are still out. We can swim in it. We only go in and out by the stairs or where we have some coping.

Luckily, the house proper was not hit except for a branch that flew through a window.

I am going to try to fix this all myself. Same as the fence ($12K estimate).

So I am off to the "fix it yourself" part of this website to try and learn the best way to fix the coping, tiles and sealant.

Thanks again all,

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.