Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
I cant seem to vacuum up the very last bit of fine dust debris that gets into the crevices of my pool bottom.

I go very slow and try to vacuum it up, but its so fine that it just kicks up into the water, and then floats mid-way between the pool bottom and water top until it finally settles back down an hour or so later.

Next time someone is in the pool....

Before they get out, have them run around the edge and create a whirlpool and get out while it's still spinning. All the debris will settle in a nice pile in the middle. Then you can sneak up on it with the vacuum. You want to suck it in before it gets pushed away by the water being pushed by the vacuum, so approach real slow.

The other possibility is that it's dead algae. You're getting some but more is growing to replace it so you think you didn't get it. The difference between dust and algae is that clumped algae looks and acts like aquatic dust bunnies. The slightest disturbance and poof - gone. The cure for that is higher chlorine levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.