Please help. Need some advice and I think you guys will know the answer

Jun 2, 2016
New York
I have a few questions, but first can someone tell me what this is called? It is used by my Polaris (pressure side cleaner) and is also is the pool fill line when I need it. Normally there is a small filter in it.

Second, do I need to have it removable? Or can I just take the filter out like it is now, seal it with the blue putty sealant (i know thats not the name of the stuff) and move on?

I will be back with my pool readings this week and more questions, I promise. Really looking forward to SLAMing with everyone and making my pool maintenance less frustrating.

IMG_8740.jpg

Thanks

The line has a valve to close it when its not being used by the polaris or add water to the pool (its also the fill line). Where exactly would you add that this system (see picture) without losing the pool fill line? If I cant fix it by just replacing cylinder, then I will consider your recommendation.

At this point, I have no intention of changing the PVC piping and changing/replacing valves as long as I can get it working properly.

Appreciate the advice.

Attachments

• apple.JPG
    apple.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 16