Hello from Wisconsin

Roy I can still remember how my Grandma spoiled me! If I need a happy thought I just think of my time with her :angel:

Breakfast was Grape soda and poptarts! LOL ewwwww now but oh so wonderful as a child!

Kim:cat:

You can leave the pH at 7.2 for the SLAM. We can raise that later if need be.

Yep, go ahead and raise the FC to 12 PPM, keep filtering/backwashing at 25% above clean pressure, and brush whenever you can, at least once per day. Review the instructions and the closer you follow them, the quicker it will go Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

As far as the CYA, try the glance method for seeing the dot. After adding a bit to the test tube, look away and then glance at it. If you see the dot with a glance, add a little more. Another technique that helps is to fill to each line, and then look for the dot. We round up anyway, so filling the test tube line by line works for some people. Finally, you can pour the solution back into the mixing bottle, give it a shake, then into the tube for multiple tests to help build confidence in the number.

As far as the CYA number, you could add another 10 PPM without any problems, but don't do that unless the last addition of CYA has had time to fully dissolve - we often say a week, but many people feel a few days is enough when you've been running the pump steady and brushing a lot. Up to you.

Sounds like it's all going well so far. You got this!

6988735e14a2b301cdf464a64623b1c1.jpg
UPDATE: Pool's been clear for a bit now. Meant to update last week but been busy. Thanks TFP for the clean inexpensive pool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.