I Should Have Listened First Place! - Upgraded Pump & Intex Auto Cleaner Saves Day!

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
I Should Have Listened First Place! - Upgraded Pump & Intex Auto Cleaner Saves Day!

Wow - what a difference!! Got my 2800 GPH Sand Filter/Pump changed out Thursday - immediately saw a difference in my "sand/dust on the floor" problem described in my earlier posts.

Then yesterday got the Intex Auto Cleaner hooked up and after running a total of about 6 hours so far - and some use of the pool in there also - AMAZING!

I would say that 99% of the sand/dust is gone and the water is crystal clear!

There is still small amounts that accumulate at the seems - especially in the corners - but given our wind/dust situation here my guess is I will never get it 100% clean - still will need to do some brushing.

But soooo nice - I can't even believe Intex sends out that 1200 GPH pump with a pool this big.

Re: I Should Have Listened First Place! - Upgraded Pump & Intex Auto Cleaner Saves D

THAT IS AWESOME :) so happy it worked for you..

Re: I Should Have Listened First Place! - Upgraded Pump & Intex Auto Cleaner Saves D

Question - is there any reason I can't just leave the cleaner in there and attached always? Except for times when we will have multiple people in the pool? It mostly is just my wife and I that will be using it and we can work around it - especially if the pump isn't running - and even if it is no biggie. We will likely also unattached it when we want to use our "fountain" until I feel comfortable enough to do a "T" set up to run the fountain all the time.....

But in general - can I just leave the cleaner in there?

I leave mine in 24/7 even when swimming :) mine and I do believe yours is all plastic so no worries...

In my case that thing was running too fast to be in the pool with us at the same time but if you can stopped it I will leave it in the pool, right now we are just using the Lil shark, who is very nice... ?

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.