Added a spa to an existing pool?

jkalan

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Has anyone ever added a spa to an existing in-ground gunite pool? I suspect that this would be expensive, heavy construction, with lots of cutting, new plumbing, valves, etc. Never mind the argument of whether one should or shouldn't, or what a waste of money it might be ... I'm just curious if anyone has experience with it.

While built in spas look cool, I find stand alone models better because they are cheaper to operate particularly in the winter, have ergonomic seats that are more comfortable and generally have way more jets. None of my neighbors use their built-ins during the winter while I use my stand alone all winter long.

I have seen one benefit to a built in. If you have solar you can use it to assist the heater part of the year. But chances are during that time of the year you will want to direct all of the solar heat to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.