Pump Motor Overheating - At wits end...

Hello Folks,
First time posting, hoping y'all can help me out of my woes.

Last year I replaced my pool motor which died. I was not able to purchase the exact same motor (it was very old), but the guy at the pool place was able to suggest another, along with a new impeller.

Since replacing the motor it is constantly running hot and will trip off every 15-45 mins, then turn back on after a few minutes. I assume the mechanism to prevent overheating is being tripped and shutting down the pump. I replaced that original pump with a new one of the exact same kind, same problem.

Left it alone for about a year (yeah not smart) and the motor finally kicked the bucket. Since it was still under warranty I was able to get another one free of charge. It has the same issue.

I assume there is something off with my set up, but based on everything I could deduce myself, I cant figure out what it could be. Everything is wired correctly, checked all voltages (~135V to the motor - within specs), no spikes, no drops, nothing out of the ordinary.

Below is my setup.

15x30 rectangular, marcite, 14K gallons
1 skimmer and 1 drain
2 inlets
Hayward Star Clear Plus C1200 filter (runs about 15psi clean, generally clean it at 20+)
New motor: Century HSQ 125 1.25HP
Impeller: C105-137PEB replacement
Pump: Dura Max E Glas ? (no sticker anymore so not 100% sure, pic below.)
I have about 35' of head on average...
I run the motor about 8-10 hrs a day.

Any help on why my motor is so stressed out would be appreciated!!!

IMG_1453.jpgIMG_1449.jpg

The guy at the pool store mismatched the motor with the impeller. That impeller is for a 1 HP FULL RATED motor (1.65 THP). They gave you a 1 HP up rated motor (1.25 THP). So your motor is being over driven which is why it shuts down. It is in thermal overload.

What was your old impeller number?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.