Ugh, everything is becoming a nightmare. (cracks, bulging, high water table etc)

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
I have posted a few times now on my pool issues this past week. You guys are the only people I have to turn to for advice (comfort). :(

After calling around to a dozen pool places (and several fiberglass guys) I have only had two return my calls. One fiberglass guy, and one pool place that can't get me scheduled for a few weeks. The fiberglass guy told me to go to the store and buy marine epoxy, work it up with my hands and smash it over the hole. That way when the water table lowers my pool won't start to drain (causing even more damage). He then told me he had over a dozen calls to take care of from so much damage done over this past winter. Many people opened their pools to find them drained and mostly destroyed (so maybe I lucked out). We had a few weeks of heavy nonstop rain in December, so I am wondering if that played a role.

Anyways if I only had the crack (about 3 inches wide now, and I think its slowly growing) I wouldn't be as freaked out. But I also have noticeable bulging on each side (some bulging was apparent the last few years). :(

At this point I can not afford to just put in a new pool, and this one is about 15 years old. I noticed at some point it floated and raised the concrete a bit around the edges (before I purchased the house 2 years ago). This leads me to believe its going to shoot out of the ground when drained for the repairs. Anyways, the two places I spoke with would need it drained, so now I have that to worry about.

What would you guys do in my situation? Although I know it would cost a ton is it possible to have the pool reset and the back fill redone? Or is the pool just too old now to make that sort of investment?

I appreciate the advice and input.

So that stuff does work well? Since I don't know much about it I was trying to figure out how it sticks underwater. That and the **** gravel / sand is coming out of the hole making it dirty. Do I put the putty over the top, or just inside the crack?

How long if I get it applied well can it last?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.