Taping/Sealing off joints of Intex Pool

Just wondering if anyone has taped or sealed off the horizontal, vertical, and footing joints of an intex pool to keep the salt water from getting in. I know the looks of it wouldn't be great but I thought about gorilla tape or something similar. Also saw a product today called "FiberFix" Anyone ever used this stuff before?

I would think you'd be better off trying to get all the pieces properly painted/dipped....they come from the factory with only the outside of them treated, the insides seem to be 'raw' metal. I have no facts to base this on, it is only my opinion...but i would think taping the seems wouldn't do anything to help. I think moisture would still get in, and be trapped from the suns heat and possibly even expedite the rusting process.

We've had our intex almost 4 summers now...and we had to replace the legs because ours literally rusted out at the foot. Because we just found out a few weeks ago, we went ahead and bought another 16x48 ultra frame to get us through a few more summers, and then we'll most likely get a professionally installed AGP. Had I known then what I know now about intex....we would have done that from the start. They are great pools to start with and learn, great to see if a pool is actually what you want. For us, we love having a pool...and we look forward to the day we can get a much bigger, more trustworthy pool ;)

If you decide to tape it off, take pics and keep us updated so future searchers can learn from your experiences!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.