AO Smith B2982T Fault 12 Overload

May 28, 2016
Youngsville, La
I have a AO Smith B2982T motor with digital display. I been having it installed and running for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working and threw up a Fault Code 12 Overload. I checked the capacitor that's mounted in the back of the motor ( actually took the capacitor to a motor shop and it checked out as good ). I then was able to take the digital display apart and another larger capacitor is mounted inside. I checked it also and it seems to be good. There is a small relay and printed circuit board. I cant find much information online from AO Smith about what actually causes a Fault 12 Overload other than the capacitor. I cant find any info on the display either. I also checked the power. Its wired up single phase 208. Leg to ground is 120vac and leg to leg is 246vac. The motor is stamped 230vac and the manual says 10% above or below is fine. That 246vac is high but seems to be within specs. Has anyone ran across this problem??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.