Leak unfound

atswag

May 26, 2016
Manassas, VA
Fellow pool lovers...

I have a 31'x16' oval AGP, permanent, metal frame with vinyl liner. I had closed up the pool and thought my winter was going to be a breeze, but after substantial snows and they melted, I noticed the pool dropped by 1/2. By the time I took the cover off last Sunday, I had about a foot of water. I noticed during the winter a buildup of water on the side, under the deck, so naturally I suspected that when I do take the cover off, I'd find my leak on that side. Today I put in florescent dye to find this leak and couldn't find anywhere suspicious. No holes, no rips, over the seams... it is maddening. I just used the hose to add more water and see where it is. I'm going to let the water calm before attempting a new dye detection.

I did anticipate the leak being where the water line was, but I had to take into account the pool cover was full of water and debris, thus pushing the surrounding in-pool water up a bit. I'm hoping adding water would show me a new area to focus on.

Another quick q: should I fill the pool professionally and then attempt to find the leak? I feel the heavy water load might expose a tear that with pressure leaks more than the piddly bit of water I currently have. Thank you all for your time.

Welcome to TFP :)

You are correct in thinking the leak is where the water will stop going down, so by adding some it should stop at the leak :) now trying to find the leak is the not so fun part..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.