Plugged sand filter?

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
Intex 2650 sand filter,back washed for first initial setup for the year. Rinse the back onto filter and noticed the water level in the sight glass or sediment window lowered to about half. Checked the intake valve and all good, doesn't seem to be air trapped in system. Could the sand filter be restricting the flow? I have great pressure coming out of exhaust in the pool. Actually can shoot halfway across my 18' if I angle the eyeball. Any ideas?

Be sure you are turning the pump off before moving the multiport handle to a new position. Are you seeing the water level drop in the site glass during backwashing and rinsing or after you have switch back into filter mode?

It is normal for the water level to drop in the site glass on filter mode. Most of the time that water will evaporate between backwash cycles since when you are in filter mode water is not being pushed that high up into the multiport valve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.