Pool rehab in Lehigh valley pennsylvania

Jun 29, 2013
Bethlehem, pa
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is gearing up for a great pool season!

When prepping my pool, I noticed de-lamination of an area I had patched last year.

I've had 3 patch jobs done in all, once every year to my 40 year old concrete pool.

I also painted 2 years ago, and it's actually holding up quite well- aside from the delaminating area.

I received two quotes for re-plastering. They were comparable with each other but very expensive. They each provide warranties and have been in business for years.

A 3rd company said they would apply a rubber sealant ( or another Material-it depends on material I used to paint) for half of the cost of plastering but it would not change the aesthetics. The sealant guy also said re-plastering could jeopardize the integrity of the structure. And was talking me out of going that route. He sounded legit but I never heard of his method... In fact he references the advice he gave me on his website.

I don't know who or what to believe anymore?

I think I'm ready to rehab it so I don't have to continue these patch jobs year after year. But I want to make a good choice and can't seem to find reliable and truthful information.

Any advice, criticisms, experience is welcomed! I'll beg for it if I have to!

What would you guys do if you were me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never, ever heard that replastering could jeopardize the integrity of the shell. I call applesauce on that one. The coating sounds like what one of members in the industry here has as an option for his customers but I'm not familiar with it.

Agreed. I call baloney sandwich that replastering creates problems. Lots of people do it all the time. What they don't do is put some rubber material that we have never heard of in their pool. :)

Solely in the interest of full disclosure, here is the product I referred to above (of which I have zero relationship with). I have zero experience with it and have all the reasons to promote regular replastering with plaster, quartz or a pebble product. However, it does seem different from paints and epoxy which we highly discourage. I personally wouldn't use it because there is the tried and true method readily available but...

http://www.ecopoolfinish.com/ located in Warminster, PA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.