Foam Coves Floated Behind Liner

Jul 14, 2014
Albertville, MN
After making the mistake of draining the pool, and yes I learned that lesson, I retaped the coves to the walls and reattached the liner. I refilled the pool and all was going great until I left it to fill for a couple of days. When I checked on things today I noticed that there were large bumps in the walls where the coves had floated up the pool walls with the water filling the pool. Apparently I did not get all of the water out before filling it. So, now my pool is full and the coves are half way up the walls. Is there any risk of me leaving it this way, besides the obvious fix gone wrong look that I now will have to live with? Can I leave them this way, force them back down somehow without draining the pool again?

I don't think they will budge with the weight of the water against them.. The only thing that comes to mind would be the reason the foam coves are used.. they protect the bottom of the liner from going under the metal wall and getting pinched or cut.. If this was to happen the pool could empty out completely within a few minutes and that would be bad, I don't think it would but it "could" happen.

I hope this helps...

You'll never budge them. What you should do is wait for a very hot day when the ground dries up and drain the pool and start over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.