I've neglected my new (to me) pool.

What is the shape and average depth of your pool?

I would call it symmetrical (lengthwise) kidney-shaped where it's narrowed in the middle and wider on the ends. Close to ovular though. Avg. depth is 6'. Here is the only pic I have on hand at the moment.

uc

Did you ever truly finish your SLAM? (i.e., passed an OCLT)? That could explain your chlorine disappearing.

After passing, you should be able to dose chlorine with pump running and check your levels after 30 minutes. You should be able to zone in on your capacity (gallons) almost exactly. Especially at night with no Sun on Pool and nobody swimming. PoolMath is VERY accurate that way

Yes, have checked the CC and OCLT levels at least a few times over the past couple weeks. Overnight it's reading as it should. It's the initial level after adding chlorine I'm having trouble with. Perhaps my evening tests are reading less than actual for some reason. I've started a spreadsheet. Going to track meticulously until something makes sense I guess. I'm only able to test mornings and evenings before and after work. Hopefully will get a better indication of how much FC I lose during the day as well.

I have noticed the same thing using the walmart pool chlorine, I am guessing that when it gets shipped it is at a strength greater then 10% and based on age, it could still be over 10%. When using regular bleach my results would be spot on.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have noticed the same thing using the walmart pool chlorine, I am guessing that when it gets shipped it is at a strength greater then 10% and based on age, it could still be over 10%. When using regular bleach my results would be spot on.

Yet another possibility; one that will make it very difficult and frustrating to figure this out. This is by far the cheapest option currently available locally, so I'm hesitant to move away from it.

This may be a valid point. Have you checked the date codes on the WalMart chlorinating liquid? I've been using the WM liquid for awhile now and it is awesome and mine is fresh. Just check date code to be sure it's fresh.

Awesome looking pool by the way!

This may be a valid point. Have you checked the date codes on the WalMart chlorinating liquid? I've been using the WM liquid for awhile now and it is awesome and mine is fresh. Just check date code to be sure it's fresh.

Awesome looking pool by the way!

Yes, all the bottles I've been using for the past week or two have read "16 147XXXXX" or "16 162XXXXX" making them less than a month old. (I hope I'm interpreting that correctly)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.