Muratic Acid

Here, only some of the Home Depot stores carry the full strength (pool section) MA and it's usually the larger stores. IIRC, it's $1 more for 2 gallons of the full strength versus the low odor. I've yet to see a Lowe's that carries the full strength.

Interesting note... we went into Leslie's yesterday for the first time. I asked them what they carried, he said 31.45%. I said, oh, the full strength, great! He said that you cannot buy full strength in box stores anywhere because it's not allowed. You can buy it in the pool store because they have special storage of the bottles. I told him that other people are buying full strength in stores and he told me "people have no idea what they're buying". I thought that was a little rude, as if we're all too stupid to understand? Anyway, it must be a CA law, or maybe a city law? But that explains why I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It does come out cheaper to get it there than the 1/2 strength at OSH, but I kind of didn't like their attitude. Hmmm...

I guess we are lucky that both Lowes and the HD carry the full 31% in their pool sections. The HD's is the same red label Texas Splash has pictured and Lowes has KemTek or something like that. Both have two pack gallons for @13 bucks. I like the HS's because it seems to splash less. I think it's more like the containers design that is making for the less splash. Muriatic acid is the same no matter the brand, only the % changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.