Sand Filter - Is this a Pentair HRPB30?

May 20, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

Newbie here. Moved into a new home with a pool, and we've got sand in the pool. I've done quite a bit of talking around, replaced the backwash valve o-rings (twice), backwashed, and I think it's about time to tackle disassembling the tank to replace the sand, check the laterals, and basically check the insides of the filter. I don't know much about the history of this filter, so I'm just going to go for it. Needless to say, I'm a bit intimidated, but I think I can manage. I've got the full Pentair Sta-Rite Manual in hand and am ready to go. But man, this filter I have here sure looks different than the HRPB30 model on the manual. Can anyone confirm that this is in fact the Pentair HRPB30? Or am I working with a whole different filter? Lol. There seems to be no indication anywhere on the filter of the model. Shasta was the pool builder if that means anything... Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jim

Attachments

• 0520160741.jpg
    0520160741.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 25
Thank you for the response.

It ended up being the HRPB30 model (at least the large o-ring spec'd for the 30 model fit), but apparently they made some design changes and this is the older design. What a beast to work with, 32 bolts, good and rusted, all to change out the little screen filter and the top of the plastic tube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.