Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Finally finished our pool makeover. New vinyl liner and new stamped concrete patio. The pool company that did the renovation is begging me not to re-install my salt gen system. They say it will absolutely damage the new stamped concrete. Especially since we have the cement cantilevered coping edge. The patio was sealed. I have researched the heck out of it, and have found strong arguments on both sides. Not sure what to do. I love my salt generator and have used it for years. .... But am nervous about it with the new stamped patio and cantilever edge. I have visions of it pitting and breaking apart on the edging. Haven't been able to find any more recent threads on the subject. Can anyone help? Does anyone have experience with a stamped patio and salt gen system?

As always, Thank you!

Rich

You might see something in 20 or 30 years but nothing soon :) most don't even seal the concrete, only real stone so your very protected :)

There is no definitive proof that saltwater negatively impacts natural stone like flagstone. In my pool it has had no effect on my flagstone coping or concrete deck in 4 years. With that said, concrete is completely resistant to saltwater. It holds up well in/near the ocean which has 10 times the salinity of your pool. I wouldn't give it a second thought.

If you want to be more comfortable ask them how many pools they have done that have had the stamped concrete destroyed by the SWG and ask to see the pictures ( surely they would have taken pictures). And then ask if you can talk with those customers. That will help you realize whether their fear and advice is based on actual experience. If not based on actual experience you can obviously discount their advice since people here have the opposite experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.