Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new Safari browser...

1. Back To Top    #1

new Safari browser...

Anyone running the new Safari browser from Apple yet?

Are there problems with certain apps not running in Safari, like with Firefox? I have FF 2.0.0.4, the newest upgrade, and occasionally, I have to use IE for something... not often, but still a PITA...

If it ain't broke.... but I feel the need for speed!!! My friend says it is way super fast compared to IE.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grace, does the text on the homepage look large to you with Firefox? It looks normal on IE but I've been told by a couple of firefox users that the text in the intro paragraph is too large.

Of course, most people are using IE.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'm using the latest update of Firefox running on windows xp sp2 and the home page text looks just fine to me.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

I adjusted the text last week... It should look better now if every one clears their cache.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Grace, does the text on the homepage look large to you with Firefox? It looks normal on IE but I've been told by a couple of firefox users that the text in the intro paragraph is too large.
    The intro paragraph text is much larger than the rest on the homepage. I have a small (15") LCD monitor and it is set to 1024x786, so all text is pretty small to begin with.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

You can vary the text size by holding the ctrl key while scrolling the scroll wheel on your mouse if that will help at all.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

I haven't had a problem with the text in Firefox on my Windows system.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.