IC60 needs separate power supply? EasyTouch already installed

Aug 3, 2010
San Diego
I installed an EasyTouch, intelliflow and intellichlor IC40 about 6 years ago. My IC40 failed at the end of last season and I decided to step up to an IC60.

The manual for the IC60 says that I need a separate power supply.

"CAUTION - The CIC60 or the CIC60S can onlybe plugged into a PC100 or CPC100 power center. Do not plug into intelliTouch, EasyTouch or SunTouchsystem."

Can anyone tell me why?

I don't want to drop another $3-400...

Thanks for the info.

The CIC60 is the commercial version. The regular IC 60 might be ok with easytouch. Check with Pentair to be sure.

Do you have a separate power center or one integrated into the Easytouch?

JamesW is correct, the CIC is the commercial unit and it requires a different power supply. The transformer built into your ET panel is rated for the IC20, IC40 or IC60.

James and Joy hit this one on the nose.

I was shipped a CIC60S P.N. 521005 not the IC60 P.N. 5211105 that i ordered.

The CIC units are designed to be part of a manifold of 9 chlorinators for commercial application. 1 CIC60 and 7 CIC60S units make the maifold, each one has its own seperate powersupply. The CIC60S is a secondary (slave) unit to the CIC60 and they do not have interchangeable power supplies. http://pentaircommercial.com/datastaging/pdfs/intellichlorcommDS.pdf

I have contacted the supplier and they are working on a resolution. They answered the phone right away and assured me they would take care of it. And they had the best price on the web.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.