Greeting from Collierville, TN- second house- first SW pool!

You can do the OCLT at any time. You're not officially doing a SLAM yet anyways, but by performing the OCLT, you confirm there are no unusually high levels of organics eating your chlorine (FC). As long as you lose no more than 1 ppm of FC overnight as outline on the TFP Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) page, then algae is not an issue. If you fail, then you need to SLAM.

Black and white! Love it! Will do!

You can do the OCLT at any time. You're not officially doing a SLAM yet anyways, but by performing the OCLT, you confirm there are no unusually high levels of organics eating your chlorine (FC). As long as you lose no more than 1 ppm of FC overnight as outline on the TFP Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) page, then algae is not an issue. If you fail, then you need to SLAM.

Update:

After two days of non stop running and only adding some muriatic acid, I got the following test results tonight. SWCG has been set to 50% the whole time. I turned it down to 30% tonight. Atmospheric Temps have been lower this week with no rain and in the 60-78 range. Water looks great and clear.

FC- 14 (tested twice)
CC-0
TA-70
CH-230
PH-8.0
CYA-35

I did the acid demand test and got two drops to get down to 7.6 or so. Pool calculator says 53 oz of 15% MA. I just added 40oz. Lets see how it goes!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.