Is Jumping In Safe?

OK Casey...I'm rolling on the floor with these pictures! What a BIG kid!! We had our first swim on Friday - our 9 yr old. The water was at 74 when he went in and 78 by the time he got back out. Of course, it's chilly here again.....

You pegged him! He is definately a big kid! Sometimes, I yell more at him than the kids! :rant: :mrgreen:

Jumping into a properly installed above ground pool will never hurt it. It's the jumpers you have to worry about.

I've been known to jump off the roof into mine. The neighbors loved it cause my friends and I, we were all skinny dipping. OK, give me a break, I was twenty at the time. :)

I have also been sued because someone was at a party and dove off the roof into a pool I had installed several years previous. Please be careful, but by all means have fun.

Dennis

Dennis said:
I have also been sued because someone was at a party and dove off the roof into a pool I had installed several years previous. Please be careful, but by all means have fun.

Dennis

Please tell me the case was dismissed against you because this someone was not smart for diving off a roof! :shock:

"Lol....so....no skinny-dipping of late, huh?" Nope, never said that. It's just that the pool is to far from the house to be jumping off the roof. :) I'm at that in between age, in between skinny-dippin and chunky-dunkin.

As for the law suit, the defendants were myself, Muskin Pool Corp and All Seasons Pool and Patio. They named the manufacturer, the retailer and the installer. Our insurance companies got together and made them a nice offer. They were stupid enough to turn it down, hoping for a lot more of course. The judge dismissed the case just before trial. After an entire year of lawyer meetings and sweating bullets it was over.

I was named in one other one that never went to trial. A two year old climbed onto the filter and fell into a pool that was half way in the ground. The City and County were also named in that one. They should have had more adequate fence laws. Cases like that are the reason we have fence laws on top of fence laws, never ending it seems.

So, the moral of this story is, don't drink and dive, and please, protect your pool from the kids.

Dennis

You know, not to boast here, but there was NEVER a time in our childrens babyhoods and toddlerhoods that I did NOT know exactly where they were. May not have always known what they were doing, like the time our son walked out with BIG BIG bandaids on his knees :oops: But I sure as heck always knew where they were. I just don't understand these people who will turn around and sue you for THEIR STUPIDITY (in the case of adults) and their inability to parent a child (for the children who have been injured). What has happened to this country? One thing I credit "W" for is that, as soon as he got into office, he TRIED to put an end to the runaway lawsuit business. And what laws have been passed, it doesn't take much for lawyers to figure out a way to get around them....I oughtta know, I was part of the process at the time, sadly. But much to his chagrin, and to OUR detriment, the republicans didn't have the backbones and intelligence to fight for him and win on this one when they were in control. So now, WE get to keep paying and paying. Arrgghhh, I won't blather on ....just makes me angry!! :rant:

But it cheers my heart to know that those people were so greedy that they lost everything in the end...serves them right!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.