Scaling along waterline tile and in grout.

e81d2e31c4937815ae42a37839d82851.jpg
68d9b77bb661f7e6764faf5f9bca08c1.jpg

This is all around the pool. At some points, it travels into the plaster.

That is efflorescence, it is caused by water behind the wall pushing minerals through the grout. Diluted muriatic acid and a stiff brush are probably the best option. Of course, proper safety precautions are a must.

Great work on the picture!!! Now that pooldv identified it for you, you can search for efflorescence using the search box towards the upper right off the page and read the stores of similar pool owners. You may want to then add other keywords you find, for example, efflorescence muriatic acid, or, efflorescence pressure washer, or efflorescence grout. Once you have a basic grasp on things, you might have questions, which you can ask here or, if the other thread is recent/active there too.

Pressure washers and muriatic acid are both capable of doing more harm than good if used incorrectly, not to mention dangerous. They might also be your solution if used safely and correctly! Whatever you decide, probably best to try it on a spot first, just in case.

Thank you for your responses. I have tried MA already and it somewhat works. I mixed 1:5 with water and put it in a spray bottle. It will just take me forever plus having to hang over the pool....ugh. I was crossing fingers that there may have been an easier solution.
Is this going to happen no matter what? Even if pool is balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that you know what it is, I'd start a new thread with name like. "Efflorescence: What worked for you?" in a better category to really grasp the experts in that category :) sorry I can't be of further help on this one. Don't give up. People on this site have tried tons of things and maybe someone has a nice twist to what you're doing or a trick or something else entirely!

Please do not start a new thread. If you want this moved, report your post (little triangle icon with ! in it) with the request. You can also change the title by editing the first post in the Advanced Editor.

It'll be easier once you can get in the pool! :) This is not a water chemistry issue. It is a ground water issue behind whatever is on the other side of that wall. Is it wet back there? Can you improve the drainage?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.