Question regarding testing TA with TF100 kit

After continuing to add acid as needed, my TA is now sitting at 150. The same thing is happening, on drop number 13 it starts to change to red, on 14 the color of red changes, on 15 it changes again, on 16 it remains the same so my TA is 150. These are not little changes they are obvious changes all the way until 15 and 16 which are the same. I think the way I am doing it is correct, because as long as there is still some alkalinity, the color reacts, it stops reacting when there is no more alkalinity whatsoever. Makes sense to me, as it would with every other drop test. Whatever we are testing for, if there is any whatsoever left, the color will change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lykly, just wondering if your comments about going from red to blue is just a typo?

I pulled up a chair on this because I'm confused on the endpoint for the TA test as well. Everything I can find says it's a change from green to red, including the instructions in the kit. I get increased intensity of red with an extra drop or two as well. At 5 drops it's all green. At 6 drops it's a muddy brownish-red. At 7 drops, it's red. At 8 drops it's a more intense red. At 9 drops sometimes it's a bit darker, or it's the same. One set of answers here are saying I'm at 70, and some suggest I'm at 80. There's a video online which interprets it as 70, but I don't know if that's reliable. I don't want to split hairs either and will continue trying to reduce TA to lessen my acid use. I suppose at the end of the day, it's consistency in the individual tester's interpretation that really matters.

My apologies, I did indeed mean to say red, not blue. I will edit if I still can. Thx for catching that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After continuing to add acid as needed, my TA is now sitting at 150. The same thing is happening, on drop number 13 it starts to change to red, on 14 the color of red changes, on 15 it changes again, on 16 it remains the same so my TA is 150. These are not little changes they are obvious changes all the way until 15 and 16 which are the same. I think the way I am doing it is correct, because as long as there is still some alkalinity, the color reacts, it stops reacting when there is no more alkalinity whatsoever. Makes sense to me, as it would with every other drop test. Whatever we are testing for, if there is any whatsoever left, the color will change.

:goodpost: That is a very nice summary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.