plaster pool patched now what?

May 5, 2016
pomona ca
hello i am new here and i will try to be brief. my boyfriend said he could fix my pool and i could pay him instead of paying the pool guy a ton of money. boy what a huge mistake. a year later after he decided to put a thin plaster finish over the patches he repaired the floor of my pool bubbled and he had to sand it all off. he has changed his mind as to how to finish it 20 times and has decided to use quickrete 1301 on just the bottom. i have spent so much on this pool and can't afford another mistake i wanted to sell my house in june but if this doesn't get finished... any suggestions? he also was going to use sakrete masonry and i bought some acrylic paint about 6 months ago that he now doesn't want to use and i am out 200 dollars for.

Welcome to TFP!

Agreed, none of those methods are appropriate for repairing a pool. And we do not recommend painting pools either. If you can't afford to pay a professional plaster company to repair your pool maybe you can sell the house with an allowance for the buyer to refinish the pool after closing.

I would get three quotes from pool pros in your area so you at least know where you stand.

I am only aware of one DIY replaster in a pool on this forum. Here is the thread, DIY Pool restoration project

I suggest you fire your boyfriend!

Welcome to TFP! You're going to need a professional.