Please help me find my leak!

SO, most filters, (DE and Sand) have backwash settings and you can use them to take water out of the pool.... well I wanted one also, so I used a 3 way valve connected to a trash pump hose a whala, a homemade backwash for cartridge filter :) I can lower the water in the pool really really fast now... I changed how the pipe came off of it and plastidipped the pipe after these shots.

QSVg2Wih.jpg

WSeqq4Fh.jpg

aYd3XcXh.jpg

AMle73hh.jpg

the 3 way valve on the right, 1 is for the skimmer and the other is for "the pool cleaner" suction line
D9X6h2Eh.jpg

you can see the suction line here and if I wanted could drain all the water out
ZwDsdLJh.jpg

Well that is great news, now you know for sure it's in the plumbing, great job

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Well mjnorman, there you have it! You have learned from the AGP master (Casey). Hopefully you and your pool are on the road to recovery. Don't forget to share pics of all your repairs and any upgrades now that you are armed with a whole bunch of new tricks and gadgets. Have a great evening.

Update! Hard pipes installed and no leaks! Not the prettiest job in the world, but I'm happy :)

I opted not to replace the return connections on the pool wall, which unfortunately was a mistake. Have a small drip from that nut so I will have to replace those. I should have done it from the beginning but live and learn!

HUGE THANKS to Cowboy Casey and Texas Splash for your help and guidance. It is greatly appreciated.

Pics as promised. Before:
ed8490e6b93eff91307b3d71b211b7f8.jpg

After:
05cf1a2703a6c34fdf71b8fd0ab678c6.jpg

6bdeb30214b6536e162e452f982623d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That is a nice looking setup :) The great thing with those unions is you can take them off right at the connection to the pool and replace the through wall connection in about 4 minutes :)

Use a bucket or something on the inside of the pool to block the water, even a trash bag with your hand under it to replace the fitting will slow water down enough so you wont have to drain the pool.

2 of these and your back in business Amazon.com : Hayward SP1023G Vinyl Fiberglass Inlet Fittings for Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

Well this did not go quite as well as I had hoped!

I found a post on here that instructed the sandwich gasket to go on either side of the metal wall of pool, but behind vinyl liner. I could not get this to work to save my life.

I ended up putting the sandwich gasket around the metal wall and vinyl which made for a double gasket inside the pool. Then cork on outside then nut. This seems to work just not sure if it's ideal. What was I doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.