Hey Pool Pump People...need help on pump Brand

Mar 21, 2016
South Louisiana
I've decided on an Energy Star Variable Speed Pump. However, my PB only uses the following brands: Pentair, Hayward, & Zodiac. He recommends Hayward & says he has never had a problem with them honoring their warranty. What do the experts here think?

TIA!

They're all good manufacturers. They have all had units fail, but they all honor the warranty unless there's a good reason not to. Get surge protection because the vsp motors are susceptible to power fluctuations and surges

They're all good manufacturers. They have all had units fail, but they all honor the warranty unless there's a good reason not to. Get surge protection because the vsp motors are susceptible to power fluctuations and surges

Regarding warranty, make sure you understand the contingencies they place on installations that aren't done by a certified installer. I replaced a pump last year that was noisy, but working fine. I bought a 2-speed pentair whisperflo last spring from on online supplier, installed it myself, and by the end of the summer it was getting noisy. I took a video, sent it to pentair, and they said it sounded like bearings. Sent them the purchase receipt from an authorized dealer, and then found out that without a receipt from a certified installer my warranty was only 30 DAYS. Not cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.