Hot Tub Crack Repair

Apr 28, 2016
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I have a Hot Springs Grandee that has a crack as seen in the pictures below. I am wondering if it is repairable and if so what is recommended to do the repair. I believe it is acrylic but not sure if it is fiberglass backed or not. I believe the tub was hit somehow when empty and that caused the crack. I saw the tub one day and don't think it had a crack and then 2 days later it had the crack. it was empty the entire time but did have another tub on top of it. Should be 3 pictures. One of the top, one from a distance so you can see where the crack is, and then one that is a little more close up on the inside.
20160425_203508.jpg20160425_203643.jpg20160425_203719.jpg

Original pics in the link below.

http://s613.photobucket.com/user/tjmarek/library/

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

The best fix, imo, would be to try to push the crack together, perhaps by using a looong clamp along that edge, then laying fiberglass patching on the underside of the tub along the whole crack and extending from the both sides of the crack for several inches. Laying some 100% silicone caulking in the joint before clamping and patching would help as well. If you don't repair it soon, that crack will only grow with handling and use. I have not used this specific kit, but something similar would work, just be sure you get enough in the kit to cover the crack completely, perhaps doing two layers of patching. Amazon.com: 3M 420 Fiberglass Resin Repair Kit, .45 Pint: Automotive

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.