Deck Stain HELP

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So I have searched and read and read. I found a few sites that recommend TWP stain, but after digging, the websites are a fake and ran by the parent company of TWP stains.

My neighbor owns a paint/stain store and he used to recommend Sikkens, but now he switched to Benjamin Moore Arborcoat. Again, i read some horrible reviews on the BM stain.

Sikkens seems to be the most consistent with good reviews. Any thoughts???? What worked, what didnt, what would you buy again, what would you never touch again?

I'm gonna need like 7 gallons of this stuff for the floor.

Thanks,

I've been using Benjamin Moore Arborcoat (in solid) for 5 years with excellent results. I've used it on my privacy fence, railings and 5/4 treated decks. I've never had an issue with it peeling, etc. unless the wood has cracked open from natural movement. Once the wood opens up and soaks in water, nothing will hold on. I just bought a gallon for $46.

I went with lowes oil based stain.. Any of the cheaper stains will last a year or 2 and then will need to be resprayed.. The best stuff was used by my "fence guy" but it is about 75 dollars a gallon and has a chemical smell that lasts about a week, but its great stuff :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.