Renovating existing pool. Need advice.

Nov 17, 2015
Oxford CT
Hi, I'm in a middle of renovating area around the pool .The pool is old but works fine. This is my third year with it. It's 10-20 years old .I'm not sure. I've removed the old ugly wood decking around it and now have a choice of just replacing it with composite decking (which is easy) or pour concrete and put a granite on it (which is beautiful and goes with nearby patio. I'd like to do a granite but concerned with accessibility of pipes under it. The underground pipes are fine now, but who knows how long they gonna hold without need of repair.

I understand that if I put decking it would be much easier to dig stuff if needed vs removing concrete.

Any insight is appreciated.

Pictures are below.

IMG_0089.jpg
imagejpeg

Last edited:
Except for freeze damage properly installed pvc pipes last a long time and are generally not the cause of most pool leaks.

They are better protected with concrete. When Is see your deck the thought that comes to mind is "did he run out of money?" If so what else did he skimp on?

Now that thought may be wrong because many pools in the East Coast have lawn right up to the pool.

I vote concrete. It will protect your pool better. As it is this allows water to get directly into the soil next to the pool a problem with a liner pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.