Hi!
I've been trying to get my TA down. For the past 2 weeks I've spent 8 gallon of MA and have brought the TA down from 110 and won't go any lower.
3 FC
3 TC
7.2 PH
100 TA
CH 350
ST 1700
SALT 3500
Borate a bit under 50
been testing with k2006 and pinch a penny.

TIA!!!

HI! Welcome to TFP! We need to fill in a couple of holes to see if we can figure out what is going on with your pool.

How fast is your PH going up and how are you getting it up?

What is your CYA?

Kim :cat:

It is likely your borates are buffering your pH changes and keeping your TA from changing fast. Is your pH stable or is it constantly rising? If stable then I would just leave the TA alone, it really doesn't need adjusted unless it is causing excessive pH rise.

CYA 100
TDS 1700
CH is 350 but it just dropped from 450 this past week. Someone posted using softened water so I gave it try.

aeration and SWG raises in my PH.
16600 gal dropping ph to 7.2 with 48 oz of MA from 7.6 takes about 24hr with swg at 60%

my PH isn't stable it shoots up quickly

I was thinking getting my TA to 60-70 would make my PH more stable, Is that wrong?

at the time I tested my outdoor tap water it was over 430. Soften water using test strips at that time was 0 ( just bought the K2006 2 weeks ago). I filled 5% with softened water over two weeks ago. I know it was such a small amount of water but CYA level didn't change at all and I was just aiming at getting my CH below 400.

Water exchange certainly is the ideal method to lower both CYA and CH, and I can relate to the ieffort of trying to lower CH by filling with soft water though. Many people do it. A couple comments from previous experts who discussed this topic in the past might help you:
The most likely cause is TA in your fill water. When water evaporates it leaves all of the TA behind. Then when you add water to top off the pool, the fill water brings new TA, which adds to what is already there. Thus, it doesn't take all that high of a fill water TA level to raise the pool TA.
TA is a measure of the water's ability to buffer pH changes. How steady is your pH? If it is fairly steady, I wouldn't fret over the TA. The TA "happy medium" is different for every pool. It may help us if you would post a full set of test results, though.

Lastly, don't forget to update your signature with your pool and equipment. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Also, please add your location to your profile so it shows up over there <----- Climate is often a very important factor when helping you with your pool. City and state/country.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.