Intel skimmer upgrade/plumbing questions

SunnyBama

Platinum Supporter
Feb 27, 2015
Birmingham, Alabama
I will be installing a through wall skimmer on my Intex pool; any suggestions as to the best location for the skimmer? I'm also considering turning the original intake into a 2nd return; has anyone had success (or problems) with that conversion?

Others who have done this mod will hopefully chime in soon, my post should bring your question back to the top. I would think you put the new skimmer where your current pump inlet hoses are so that you have circulation but I would wait for the experts who have done this.

Sorry no one has gotten back to you yet. I installed mine right where the old port was.

temporary_zps5c695011.jpg

It's best to put it where your prevailing winds will help to push debris into it.

In hindsight, I wish I had put it off to one side a little bit, so I could do as you mentioned and still use the old port as a 2nd intake below the water line. I would have rigged a valve so that I could use either one or both independently.

Maybe next time. I might still be able to rig something here to do that, but just haven't felt that industrious yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.