Sand filter frustration

Apr 3, 2016
St Helena Island
Ok just got the index pool filter. have been using the cartridges for 2 years last year it never got clean enough. After getting the sand filter it's been nothing but problems. I ordered the part was to go on the bottom of the old basket that I could hook the new filter up to. But it was too small. My husband bought a part and we're now connected. But the lid to the skimmer basket on the sand filter has two pieces 1 lid and the thing that screws it down. But since running it it seems that the top clear piece is not fitting because if I push down on it water comes out and as it pumps it seems to gain suction and then lose suction causing the leaf trap to fill up with water and pour out through the lid. Never seen it having two pieces. Just wondering if anyone knew how to stop this from leaking from gaining and losing suction. And if there's a way to post a video please let me know how and I can show you.

Ok just got the index pool filter. have been using the cartridges for 2 years last year it never got clean enough. After getting the sand filter it's been nothing but problems. I ordered the part was to go on the bottom of the old basket that I could hook the new filter up to. But it was too small. My husband bought a part and we're now connected. But the lid to the skimmer basket on the sand filter has two pieces 1 lid and the thing that screws it down. But since running it it seems that the top clear piece is not fitting because if I push down on it water comes out and as it pumps it seems to gain suction and then lose suction causing the leaf trap to fill up with water and pour out through the lid. Never seen it having two pieces. Just wondering if anyone knew how to stop this from leaking from gaining and losing suction. And if there's a way to post a video please let me know how and I can show you.
It sounds like you're missing the O-ring for the pump strainer basket lid. When the ring is tight, you shouldn't ever see any movement between the lid and the pump body, and never any water or air escaping or entering there.

I have an O ring it's on the part that spins close.. Well that's where out was when I opened the box. Is there a way to post pictures?
Posting Photo's Tutorial

The O-ring should fit between the lid and the pump body and then the ring crushes it to seal the two together.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see how it's supposed to all go together here
600xNx28311.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jkqwIDyKF3.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.