Hoping to get a pool in the next few months!

Ground will be broken today!!!
Can anyone answer a couple quick questions for me?
Should I measure the hole and verify depths, then how much should I account for gunite and plaster?
Also can you replace standard spa jets with the massage type or do they require special plumbing?

Thanks!

Ground will be broken today!!!
Can anyone answer a couple quick questions for me?
Should I measure the hole and verify depths, then how much should I account for gunite and plaster?
Also can you replace standard spa jets with the massage type or do they require special plumbing?

Thanks!

exciting times!

typical gunite walls and pool bottom are 6" to 8" thick, if you measure after the steel goes in I'd add 3" to the inside of that.

I think you need a whole dedicated pump & plumbing for the massage type spa jets.

Thanks!
I am going to have a booster pump also now, so I wonder how hard it is to add them?
I was thinking something like these. Waterway 7 in. Deep Seat Gunite 3-Jet Manifold 210-3420G- Pool, Spa, Hot Tub Jets - 210-3420G- Pool Products- MyPoolYard.com
View attachment 48329

its really nothing for them to add in the scheme of things. extra return water line and extra air line to each one tho.

Water will still need routed through heater tho right?

There's the whole air line thing too, bringing in cold air cools the water down very quickly. I'm not an expert but believe this is why the air get routed thru the hot water return lines in most set-ups, the hot water heats the air.

- - - Updated - - -

on my earlier "measuring" post too, its probably best you measure before the steel goes in LOL, so subtract 12-16 inches wall to wall after excavation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations on them rescuing you. Do they swim?

Cool. We have a puppy who will probably swim and another one possibly joining us. Have you bought your skimmer hairnets yet?

8a22c482d2a74e4eeaa9f9829bb53c7d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.