Intex Sand Filter leak

Jul 12, 2015
Orlando, FL
I bought an Intex sand filter last year and have taken my sweet time to replace the crappy stock cartridge filter because I needed to cut out the drain and return holes to accommodate the larger plumbing.

Anyway. I completed it and hooked it all up and discovered a pool of water emanating from under the sand canister. Great. Now it has about 70lbs of wet sand in it and the leak is on the bottom! I drained it of water and used PVC cement on it. Looks like a little crack along the seam.

Do you guys think this will hold? Seems to work for pvc plumbing joints so seemed like the perfect application. Did one coat last night but going to do another tonight after I get some new cement as mine is older and drying out some.

That stinks. Before doing anything else though, I would call Intex personally and discuss. You may be surprised at their response. Seems hard to believe at times, but there are still some companies out there that will do what they can keep a customer happy and replace an item for you. Their reputation (good or bad) goes a long way. It would not be good if that seem ruptured while you were away from the house.

Seconded. I've gotten surprisingly good support from Intex. They replaced a cell for free in my SWG when it failed after one year. They didn't even ask to see a receipt.

Grrrrrr. That's interesting. Well, I'd still Amazon. They may surprise you. Otherwise, if that doesn't work, maybe post a pic if you can of the area in question. Depending upon its exact location, we may have a product or two to suggest. Hopefully Amazon will honor a return.

Gotta love Amazon- even though I've had it 8 months they said they'll accept return for a refund. But it's full of sand and I still need a filter pump... theyre cheaper right now on Amazon than when I bought it so I'd save money, just don't want the hassle of emptying sand and returning lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.