New Pool w/ Falls & Slide in Baton Rouge, LA

LOVE it! Fits great in the area. Those panorama pics did come out great! Thanks for sharing!

Now to start bonding with it-------watering it! Are the kids big enough to help with that? They will love it the first time or two.

You are getting close. Do you have your test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for the one we use and love. If your PB has said they give you one ask which one and let us know so we can fill in the holes if it is not the best one.

Kim

The kids are 6 and 4, so they might able to "help", but not really to the extent that I wouldn't be worried about them falling in or getting hurt. We're trying to get them used to the idea of not getting too close to the edge, especially while work is going on. Anyway, I wasn't able to water it this morning, but I did this evening. PB said I didn't need to with Shotcrete, but I figure it can't hurt and why take any chances.

I've read many posts on here over the past 2 years that brag on the TF-100 kits. I'll ask my PB what he provides, if anything.

I really like that design :)

I like the way you did your steps and benches. That part is what I'm struggling with now in my design. Can't seem to get an arrangement that speaks to me. :)

That's going to be a really nice pool.

Love the design! What kind of camera are you using to take the overhead pictures?

Thanks for the compliments on the design. So far, the basic shell has come out just about how I had envisioned/drawn it.

Here is a link to the camera I'm using in that location: Amazon.com : Toughsty Photo.

Looking good Matchless1. We live in Prairieville and our pool was finished about a month ago. We had our first pool party/crawfish boil last Saturday and it was great. I'm sure you guys will be swimming before you know it!

Hi neighbor. That does sound like a great time, and I'm definitely looking forward to finishing. However, with all the stone/waterfall work and slide installation, I'm not getting in any hurry. I'm willing to wait if it means taking a little longer to make sure it's done right. My best guess is 6 weeks from now until completion.

Oh wow those plans look great. Tell me more about the VOLT Underwater Forged Brass Lights for Waterfall. We'd like to add lights in our waterfall too, but Haywards are a bit pricey. Also we had not thought of a basketball sleeve, so now I need to look it up. :)

I can tell you whatever they give you will not be anything close to the TF100, I bought mine before I had my pool and love it :)

"I've read many posts on here over the past 2 years that brag on the TF-100 kits. I'll ask my PB what he provides, if anything."

Oh wow those plans look great. Tell me more about the VOLT Underwater Forged Brass Lights for Waterfall. We'd like to add lights in our waterfall too, but Haywards are a bit pricey. Also we had not thought of a basketball sleeve, so now I need to look it up. :)

I forget how exactly I stumbled upon the VOLT lights, but I'm using several different types for different applications. The Underwater Brass lights (link here) are suitable for use in salt water (just in case I switch to salt later). I also bought these bulbs, which are the warm white (2700K) with slightly more output for about half the price as the ones from VOLT's site. The only downside is you can't really tie them into your color-changing pool light system (i.e. Pentair, Hayward, etc.), but my personal preference was to have [warm] white light on the falls anyway, instead of colored light, so that wasn't a problem for me. Also, I remember the Pentair Fountain Lights being very large and VERY expensive as well. If you have more questions about the VOLTs, I would recommend calling them up...they're super nice and knowledgeable.

The shell turned out great! Love the shape and your steps look like a great easily walkable height. Love it!

Yes, I'm really happy with how they came out. Very glad I did the 3 steps (instead of 2) also. Thanks for your input on my previous post about these!

I love your design too!! I can't wait to see the finished product. We're putting in a similar slide - how fun!

Thanks! The slide came out really nice. I'll have to post a picture of it.

I can tell you whatever they give you will not be anything close to the TF100, I bought mine before I had my pool and love it :)

I'm sure you're right. Honestly, I wasn't expecting him to provide a test kit at all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you happen to watch the slide installation? We're doing an owner build and that part is a little intimidating to me.

Sheree, I guess I should have clarified. What I meant was that the construction of the actual slide came out nice. It has not been installed yet. So, if it works out to where I can take some pictures/video while they're installing, I'll do that and post them. Our slide was made by Dolphin who provided some installation instructions, and I purchased the optional installation hardware. We'll see just how good the instructions are soon enough.

Well, they actually showed up today to do trenching and plumbing, but not much plumbing got done due to the complexity of the trenches and difficult maneuvering in tight quarters. Here are some pictures of the trench work. Hoping to start/finish plumbing Tuesday. Our yard is one gigantic dirt pile, and our kids could not be happier because of it! They love running through the "maze".:party:

Last edited:
Well, it's been a busy week with beautiful weather. After the trenching last Saturday, we were able to get all the plumbing, drainage, [pre] irrigation, plumbing inspection and backfill completed by Friday evening. One challenge (which I expected) was coordinating schedules between my builder and my drainage/irrigation guy. I new this would be tough, but it just made enough sense financially to split up those two things. In the end, it all worked out though.

Next week looks like plenty of rain, unfortunately, but if it holds out long enough, we're hoping to start tile and coping. We'll see. Here are plenty of pictures from the week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.