110v Variable Speed Replacement for Pentair WFE-4?

May 22, 2017
The South
[FONT=&quot]I have a Pentair WFE-4 wired at 110v. I was going to order the Centruy V-Green 165 replacement motor, but it is 230v only and i'm currently 110.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It looks like my only 110v option is to replace the entire pump with a Pentair Superflo VS which looks to be dual 110/230v. Is this a good replacement for the WFE-4? Looking at them it looks like I will have to do some plumbing, but that isn't a problem. No water features now, just two skimmers, a main drain, and two returns.

I will add two sheer decent 18in waterfalls next year, they look like they need about 9 GPM per foot, or 27GPM total. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The rest of my equipment is a Pentair CC150 cartridge filter and an inline chlorinator. I will swap the CC150 for a CC320 or CC420 next year, and probably go SWG at that time as well.[/FONT]

When I looked up the specs on this I did not see where it needs a neutral wire so an electrician can convert your 120 service to a 240 easily. The pump only draws 10 amps at 240 so even a 14 gauge wire can run this
Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.