Brand New Pool (6 days old) - Junk in my Water?

Jan 20, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All,

I just filled my brand new pool. I posted my #s in another thread (CYA looked kind of low, TA was high, the rest was OK), but this question isn't really related. When I look down at my water during the day, it's crystal clear. However, if I look down at it at night with the light on, I see lots of stuff floating around (or maybe little bubbles?). I tried to capture it in a pic, but it's hard to capture correctly. Is this normal?

Note that this was taken after sweeping. I swept with the filter and cleaner running, then let everything settle for ~5-10min before snapping the pic.

bL31n7w.png

It is VERY normal. There is NO filter out there that will get ALL of the partials out of the water. What you are seeing is a very tiny amount compared to some other pictures others have shared. Stuff is being added to the pool every day from the wind and people in the water.

Now go jump in your pool and enjoy it! :snorkle:

Kim

You have a cartridge filter and the are very good at filtering but DE filters capture the most... What you are seeing in the light is below about 5 microns, so really small :)

What you may be seeing is microscopic bubbles from the SWG. As the cell is working, it produces microscopic gas bubbles. If I watch my return jets at night with the pool light on, I can see the bubbles coming out. Then you can see it throughout the pool water.

Turn your SWG off completely and run the pool pump for a few hours. See if it becomes clear. Your observation is the same as mine, it can only be noticed at night with the pool light on.

I recall when our pool was new reading here that the very best time to vacuum a pool is at night with the lights on. EVERYTHING shows up almost magnified! LOL.

Nothing wrong with your pool water, you're just seeing it more at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.