SWG: Pentair, Hayward or Circupool

My Circupool RJ30 was discontinued for housing cracking. I have replaced three housing for leaks, with a little cost reimbursed by distributor. Not sure but Circupool SJ series looks like a Hayward which is a housing you cant see the cell through. I would not buy anything without a clear cell housing to know when its time to clean.
If my experience means anything, keep your water chemistry balanced and the CSI slightly negative and you never have to clean the cell. I haven't had to clean mine in two years. The "check cell" light goes on, I pull it out and check it, it's perfectly clean, so I put it back and reset.

Same here. It is pretty easy to take off the cell and look into the ends to see if it is dirty.

Plus WF, you might have missed this before but the clear cells with the ports on the bottom tend to collect Hydrogen and Chlorine gas on low pump speeds which can have catastrophic results: SWG cell explosion

So if I were you, I would cover your cell.

Really enjoyed reading this forum. I've had my Jandy Aquapure for about 10 years. Replaced the cell about 4 years ago. System getting quirkier over time. Rarely go a week without seeing the dreaded "Check Aquapure" on my in-house control panel for one reason or another (usually low flow) so I've been thinking about replacing the whole system. Like the longer warranty of the Circupool and there's an online sale that ends today for the $1 upgrade to the next larger size. My question is, does having the Jandy control panels (at the pool and in the house) mean I have to stick with a Jandy Aquapure or will a Hayward or Circupool work ok? I plan on a self install.

With Jandy automation you should stick with Jandy as you will retain all the control functions of the SWG. If you switch brands you will lose most of the functions of the automation. The flow issues have been solved with the new flow sensors.

Which sensor do you have?

Make sure the flow is always enough for the SWG to work. The flow switch could actually be doing its job and shutting down the SWG when there is not enough flow. I've noticed that when Aquapure cells start to fail you might get multiple errors and you need to watch the display for several minutes to see all the codes that flash.

The new Jandy Aquapure has a 5 year prorated warranty. Jandy has been changing their warranty terms and I can't find the exact terms anywhere on the net. You will most likely have to call Jandy and get the warranty figured out.

The $1 upgrade sale for CircuPool is a gimmick, they always seem to have it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.