Can I fix my pool cleaner or have to buy a new one?

appg2

Feb 17, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Hi All, this is my first post and wish to be more active in this community.
I recently moved into a house with pool and was pretty excited as I have never had one before. The number of issues I have had is not stopping but I believe a lot is due to my lack of knowledge. So I hope to learn more here and make the maintenance into a usual routine than a problem.
Of the several questions, here is my first one and probably the most urgent one.

I have a zodiac suction cleaner and don't know what model it is. Searching the internet, it looks like the T3 model (http://www.zodiac.com.au/Content/cms/products/pdf/WC205%20T3%20Manual%20Latest.pdf)
It has been two months since I moved in and until two weeks ago, I believe the suction cleaner was doing its job. In the last week, I noticed the suction cleaner not running all the time and seem to be resting after while. Yesterday, it wouldn't work at all. So I decided to find out why and try to fix it.

I think the diaphragm is torn inside (photo attached) and believe that can be easily replaced. In the interest of separating the parts, I think I may have broken one of the clips in the process (photo attached)
Is there a way to find the model number and try repairing it without spending too much ? I really want to avoid having to buy a new cleaner.

Just noticed, I didnt do the edit properly and the photo links have gone missing.

The diaphragm photo is here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
The broken clip photo is here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Since the post, I found this by research
- My model is in confirmed as T3.
- I found the spare parts for the broken pieces (diaphragm and hose connector).
Zodiac Baracuda T3 / T5 / X7 Diaphragm Genuine - Pool Cleaner Spare Part
Zodiac Global Hose Connector A0176700 suitable for T3, T5, MX8 MX6 - Pool Cleaner Spare Part
They dont look that expensive at this shop. I will checkout local stores tomorrow if they stock these and hopefully my suction cleaner starts working again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.