Dolphin M5 vs Dolphin Oasis Z5

The only thing missing there is the bottom brush feature. I can't for the life of me remember if the M4/400 has one or not. I'll just say, if you get much dust, it's worth it. Some people say that the bottom brush helps to keep them from getting stuck on drain covers, but I can't confirm or deny that claim. I tend to believe it isn't true, but that's just IMO.

My LATE 2 cents: I loved my Hayward Tiger Shark QC till the motor died at 3 & 3/4 years. Worked flawlessly until it didn't. I don't think it has much ability to scrub off algae but I'm not sure a robot can compete with elbow grease and good chlorine levels. BTW, I learned my credit card includes a 1 year extended warranty on most purchases and they are paying out the $798 it would take to repair the Tiger Shark (motor plus bearing assemblies and tracks at Leslie's retail prices). I may be a fool but I'm thinking of getting another Tiger Shark! All the best.

I have spent the last week studying and researching for my first robotic pool cleaner. I narrowed it down to the S300, dolphin premier, oasis z5 or the 2017 triton pro with powerstream. I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with maytronics going over all the differences and they recommended the oasis z5. My local shop let me demo the new echo and the s300. I ended up ordering the oasis from epic pool supply. Here's what made me decide on that one:

1- Oasis has a 3 year warranty compared to 2 year for s300 and titon pro.
2- Oasis is top loading compared to Premier bottom loading.
3- local shop owner said people have had issues with the s300 filters ripping and they are expensive to replace
4- having a weekly timer isn't important to me because you really should leave them in the water anyway.
5- as far as repairing, maytronics person told me it will always be faster to send them the unit over taking it in. They have all parts in stock and its only a 5-7 day turnaround, 2 days to ship, 2 days to repair, 2 days for shipping back
6- Oasis is currently $1049 plus a $50 rebate and I also found a coupon for another $25 off (poolreview25). That price includes caddy and remote.
7- Oasis comes with a standard remote, but you can buy the pro one for $60-$80 online if you want the ability to have the unit scrub walls only or waterline only.

FYI
the Oasis z5 is the same exact unit as the 2016 and earlier Dolphin Triton plus as well as the Explorer Pro. Difference is 3 year warranty on Oasis and it only has basic remote instead of Triton having the pro remote.

The 2017 Triton Pro with power stream is same as the S300 (not the "I" version, except it doesn't come with a caddy

Thre premier is same as the dx6, 2016 & earlier Triton, thunder 20 and pentair prowler 830

I have the Z5 and love it, however if I could do it again I'd get the M5. It has a center brush that pretty much eliminates it from getting stuck, not that mine does but I have heard complaints from others about the Z5 hanging up on the drain covers.
Hello
is the Z5 doing good with leaves? i have a lot when it's windy. that's the only thing stopping me before pull the trigger.
thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.