Hartford loop at the spa

Dec 25, 2015
Victoria
Hello I was wondering if you could help me understand a bit about spas as I have had a bad run with a dodgy PB. It takes approximately 15 min for the spa blower to get working. The new PB I have appointed has told me that it is because the (2) domestic blowers are not coping pushing the water out of the pipes because the old PB did not put a loop in the pipe work. On the chat threads I see you mentioning "Hartford loop at the spa" quite a bit and was wondering if you can make a suggestion to fix this issue. For example,..would a commercial blower push the water out faster?
Rgds
Tezza

If a spa is designed properly with a Hartford loop at the spa (usually in the spa wall), then you shouldn't need a blower at all. PBs that use blowers do so because they really don't know how to design a spa without a blower. Kind of a crutch.

As to what you need to do now to fix the problem, it is really too late to change the plumbing at the spa unless you have a lot of money to through at it. However, there might be some other issues that are preventing the spa from working properly even with a blower but I would need every single detail of the plumbing setup and design in order to make an assessment.

Pump make & model

Pipe size used from pump to spa

Distance from pump to spa

Is the pump dedicated to the spa or is it shared with pool so the flow goes through the filter and heater. If so, what is the filter pressure when the spa jets are running?

How many jets do you have and what is the flow rate requirement for the jets?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.