Breaking Ground Today! - Orlando

Wow, that's looking awesome! It's really coming together. Did you ultimately decide on going with the Tropics Blue? That's what we'll probably be using.

Yep, I think we're set on Tropics Blue. I keep looking at them and don't really fall in love with any of the other samples.

Are your screens able to be closed to keep in heat and swim in winter? I love your fence, designs n over all set up. I'm thinking of making my pool indoors. Was this exstreamly expensive?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

No way to close it in. We will have the heater fired up occasionally during the winter, but, our weather allows that. We were in the 80's this past weekend and could have heated it up if we wanted. This weekend will be in the 60's, so, probably not.

That all looks so nice!

I can't wait to see the blue pop against that dark tile!

Make sure you are there when the plaster truck shows to make sure they have the correct color.

Also go ahead and get your test kit. You are SO close to needing it! Look in my siggy for the one we use and love!

Kim

Already got my test kit! I haven't opened it or started playing with it yet, but, it's here and ready to go. I'll certainly be at home when they get going on the plaster. Our plaster guy is the rep for Stonescapes in the area, so, I am hoping he is the most qualified to handle it.

Looks great! Very similar to what I want to do.

How deep are your benches?

Benches in the pool are 16" deep. 20" in the spa.

- - - Updated - - -

NICE on already having the test kit! You should bust it open and test your fill water (except CYA) to see what you will need to have on hand when you are ready to add water.

Kim

Yes, I'll do that soon. I am pretty familiar with most of the tests as I had a pool previously, but, wasn't doing TFP method, so, it will be a bit of a learning curve. I was winging it before, but, never really had any issues with my previous pool so, I am hoping to keep this one nice and clear full time.

Orlando Bull -
great looking project and "go bulls" (fellow USF alum)
We are getting ready to put our small lap pool out to bid as O/B. Any recommendations for subcontractors? We are in Orlando also. Looking for Shell contractor (layout/excavate/steel/gunite), plumber, electrical, tile/coping, finish.
Could use any words of wisdom from your recent experience.

Orlando Bull -
great looking project and "go bulls" (fellow USF alum)
We are getting ready to put our small lap pool out to bid as O/B. Any recommendations for subcontractors? We are in Orlando also. Looking for Shell contractor (layout/excavate/steel/gunite), plumber, electrical, tile/coping, finish.
Could use any words of wisdom from your recent experience.

Sent you a PM.

Had perfect weather this weekend and got to hang out in our new screen enclosure with the pups. They are loving it. Can't wait to have the sound of actual water moving in there...

Logan

IMG_20160228_143957.jpg

Leila

IMG_20160228_162246.jpg

It looks like the plaster guys have showed up to start cleaning. I unfortunately have a ridiculously busy day today, so, I can't be there :( We also have the inspection for the safety fence.

I did text my consultant and told him to give me one last confirmation that we are getting the correct color. There is also step marker tile to go in that these guys should be doing, but, I haven't had confirmation on that yet either. It's going to be an anxious day today...

On the bright side... it may not be today, but, we're getting Plastered!!

We are plastered. Haven't been home to see it yet... stupid job and responsibilities in the way. Acid wash tomorrow and water this weekend. Still several odds and ends to complete before we are finished, but, having water will make it seem more real. I'll post pics when I have them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pictures, or it didn't really happen!!

Sorry, been running around like crazy. I had to meet the plumber out there yesterday for the official startup. We still have a few odds and ends to complete. Grading inspection tomorrow which I am not convinced is going to pass, but, they will have to come back and take care of it. I am not too worried about that part of it.

Then, I have to get irrigation/landscape/sod done for the final inspection. I will be thrilled to reinstall the fence and be done with this thing!

Anyway... here are some photos... I haven't gotten a ton of great ones yet, but, here are a few...

IMG_20160306_152220.jpg

IMG_20160306_152240_1.jpg

IMG_20160306_152258_1.jpg

IMG_20160306_152217.jpg

IMG_20160307_190534.jpg

IMG_20160306_152231.jpg

Inside the screen enclosure and with all of the shade that we get, it looks really dark. I think it is going to have a lot of different shades throughout the seasons as the sun moves around. The plaster guys did a phenomenal job. Color looks very consistent throughout. The shells really sparkle in the sun as well. I haven't had a ton of time to play with it, but, the automation is really cool as well.

Lovely set up. I noticed the neighbors windows look into your pool. Is there a way to put a shade or glass film to create more privacy?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

We are going to add landscaping to hopefully screen it out for the most part. I'm sure it will take time to mature, but, that is the goal. I thought about doing bamboo, but, I don't know if I am up to the task on that.

We could always put curtains up inside of the screen as well if we feel like the neighbors are getting too nosy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.