Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I was planning on buying the color changing Intellibrite 5G lights to use with the EasyTouch automation, but now I'm wondering if I have any other options for Pentair lights, (LED or incandescent) that can also be automated on the system, at least turning them on and off on a schedule?

Also, if I don't go with the Intellibrites now, would it be possible to switch out for them later or is that a major overhaul? I know the Ameribrite incandescent bulbs can be switched with LED after the fact, but can those be automated by the EasyTouch system?

Thanks for any insight!

Short answer is yes.

Any halogen pool or spa light can be run with the EasyTouch using any one of the auxiliary relays you have. The relays are just glorified 120VAC switches.

When you upgrade to LED later your aux relay for the switch will have to run a step-down transformer to run the LEDs but that's usually all setup in an easy to mount control unit.

Don't sweat it if you have to cut out LEDs now to save some money. You can retrofit the light niche later. It won't be terribly costly and, it can be done DIY if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

If you are thinking you want color lights later on, you might as well get them now. There are too many advantages to the newer LEDs that I wouldn't consider anything else. Of all the places to cut money, I would look elsewhere.

Thanks for giving me both of your perspectives. We are trying to scale back a little, and we need to decide where. It's good to know what my otions are now, and down the road if we plan on upgrading later.

I was planning on buying the color changing Intellibrite 5G lights to use with the EasyTouch automation, but now I'm wondering if I have any other options for Pentair lights, (LED or incandescent) that can also be automated on the system, at least turning them on and off on a schedule?

Also, if I don't go with the Intellibrites now, would it be possible to switch out for them later or is that a major overhaul? I know the Ameribrite incandescent bulbs can be switched with LED after the fact, but can those be automated by the EasyTouch system?

Thanks for any insight!

Savi Melody P series

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.