Friendly Scotsman,..

Nov 22, 2015
Edinburgh
Hi everyone,... firstly, thanks for the acceptance,.... I live over the other side of the pond in Scotland. Just bought my first hot-tub ( second-hand) and its incredible !
I bought it from a private sale so wasn't checked over although I did witness it running through a complete cycle before handing over the cash. I was offered a discount as the previous owner said it had been sitting idle for a good 8 months prior to the sale and he was aware that one of the buttons on the topside controller was not working every time. Some days it would work then other days it wouldn't. The day I went to buy it everything worked. Problem was when I got it home it wouldn't work, and hasn't since. It was kept in a garage so was never outside. It is a 6 year old Pheonix 6 seater with Smartouch 2000 digital controls.
As this is an introduction I will leave the problem at that until I have a scroll through your archives .
Thanks again,..

Jonny.

wiggling the wires sets the pumps off intermittently !!

Hi to all,
got myself some trouble with this seconhand used hot tub I just bought. It's a Pheonix 6 seater about 5-8 years old I think, with the smartouch digital 2000 controls.
When I bought it the owner explained it had sat for a year in the garage, and when he switched it on again the aux2 pump would not work when the switch on the topside control button was pressed. When he tried it again the next day it worked no problem !
Even when I arrived at his house to buy it he gave me a full demonstration with every function working including the aux 2 pump.
We drained it and I transported it home where it has sat outside for 3 weeks until I had time to move it into position and fill it. Sadly again this aux2 pump will not work,...it is a two-speed pump.
Everything else is working perfectly. However, I got a surprise when I was checking the low voltage cable ribbon that comes from the topside control and into the circuit box. When I touched it to see if it was loose the aux2 pump started to run on slow speed !!. When I wiggled it again it went onto second speed !!. I unplugged this ribbon and the pump just kept on running although the display control LCD had switched off. I don't know whether the fault lies with the topside control button or a dry contact on the ribbon plug where it enters the control box ??
Unfortunately, now the other jet button on the topside control has stopped working, although it will turn the pump on if you wiggle this ribbon multi-plug again.
What am I doing wrong ?...where do I look next ? and what part should I maybe think of replacing.
I would be very grateful for some help from you guys here,

Thanks for reading,

Jonny.